SeaWorld announces today bold vision for the future: the massive addition of a new, first-of-its-kind killer whale environment at all three SeaWorld parks. This new environment will transform how visitors experience killer whales, and provide unprecedented access for zoological professionals and scientists to study and care for these incredible animals.
The new project builds upon SeaWorld’s legacy of providing state-of-the-art, innovative living spaces for our animals, and will offer park guests unique killer whale encounters for generations to come.
As part of this future vision, we also pledge $10 million help study and protect killer whales in the wild, as well as the ocean in which they live.
The first new realm opens in SeaWorld San Diego in 2018, with others to follow in Orlando and San Antonio parks. It will feature:
- a water volume nearly double the existing facility at approximately 10 million gallons, a planned maximum depth of 50 feet, surface area of nearly 1.5 acres, a length span of more than 350 feet and views exceeding 40 feet in heigh
- the world’s largest underwater viewing experience
- up-close and personal encounters that will transform how visitors experience killer whales
- even more dynamic opportunities for the whales that can challenge them both physically and mentally;
- unprecedented access for professionals and scientists that can lead to a better understanding and care of the animals both in the parks and in the wild.
Visit SeaWorld.com/BlueWorld to learn more!