Today is the first official day of summer -- and that means soaring central Florida temps. But don't let the heat keep you from visiting SeaWorld or Busch Gardens where you can find refreshing fun!
At SeaWorld Orlando, there are many things to do to beat the heat:
- At Manta, the park's flying roller coaster, you wait in an air-conditioned queue as you're enchanted by multiple aquariums home to more than 3,000 animals. Then there's always that cool breeze that comes from soaring sea to sky as a manta ray!
- Sit in the Splash Zone at Shamu Stadium and get soaked by 55-degree water at the end of the show.
- Join the kids and get wet at the water play area at Shamu's Happy Harbor
- Ride Journey to Atlantis, the park's watercoaster for some splash and speed!
- Enjoy the air conditioning while watching playful dolphins swim by at Dolphin Underwater Viewing.
Want water, water everywhere? Then try SeaWorld's Waterpark, Aquatica!
- Soak up more than 80,000 square feet of water in double wave pools.
- Explore 38 different refreshing slides, including Omaka Rocka, Aquatica's newest thrill-ride that includes high-speed tubes and half-pipe funnels that'll have everyone splashing and sliding frontward and backward and climbing the walls!
- Fast and slow moving rivers keep things cool, and offer glimpses of a fish grotto.
- Little feet can splash in Kata's Kookaburra Cove, where tots can go on their first water slide and wade in the shallow pool.
At Busch Gardens, cool off at these awesome attractions:
- Kids and adults like will love to splash around in Sesame Street's Safari of Fun new 3,000-square-foot water play area, Bert and Ernie's Watering Hole
- Soak up the splash from the 55-foot drop of Tanganyika Tidal Wave
- Watch SheiKra from the sidelines and get splashed by its water finale
Or spend the entire day across the street soaking in water fun at Adventure Island
- 30 acres of water-drenched fun for all ages!
- From 5 to 9 p.m. when the sun finally settles down, Adventure Island celebrates the islands every Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Lowering temps AND water fun-- double the cooling off!